The deadline for scholarship entry has passed. We’re reviewing all submissions & will post the winner later this month. Thanks to all of you who submitted!
We’re super excited that we started a scholarship for high school students who want to pursue a career in the visual arts field!! We’re looking forward to all the amazing applicants who will apply!
We started the Zinggia Art Scholarship to help students further their education in visual arts (general art, painting, illustration, design, photography, printmaking, sculpture). The mission of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to students whose creativity, inventiveness, and desire for foil-wrapped burrito goodness knows no limits.
• High school senior
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Major career interest: Arts (general, painting, illustration, design, photography, printmaking, sculpture)
• United States citizen or a permanent resident of the United States of America
• Resident of the State of Ohio
Qualified Institutions & Level of Study
Award may be used for:
• Full-time study
Award may be used at:
• Art School
• Two-year college or technical school
• Four-year college
Location of school:
• United States
• School of choice does NOT need to be in Ohio
• Current high school transcript with GPA
• Signed letter of recommendation from teacher or guidance counselor (preferably Art Teacher)
Other application requirements:
• Provide artwork samples: Submit images of five of your best pieces of artwork (no more or less) that have been created by you in the last four years. Samples can be provided on CD in JPEG format, or as photographs or printouts.
• Digital file names or printed samples must be labeled and named according to the list in Section D on page 2 of the application (Example: “Sample 1”, “Sample 2”, etc). A short description of each artwork is required.
• JPEGs should be high resolution (minimum 1200 pixels).
• Photographs or printouts should be no larger than 8.5” x 11”.
• All submissions are non-returnable, so do not send original pieces or anything that you don’t want returned.
• Artwork submitted must be original works produced by the applicant alone.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. Check application for all requirements.
• Type or print legibly. Proofread and spell check because we take grammar super seriously!
• Scholarship winner must be accepted as a full time student at a college for the 2014-2015 academic year. Scholarship money is only awarded for an Arts-based program. Award will be paid to student once proof of acceptance at an academic school for post-secondary studies has been verified. Award can be used for tuition or supplies.
• Questions can be emailed to email address listed on PDF application
Individual award amount: $2,000
Number of awards granted: 1
Application deadline: Must be postmarked by Saturday, March 1, 2014 (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Winner selection process:
Applicants will be judged on their artistic abilities, financial need, grades, teacher recommendation, and overall creativity. Scholarship winner will be notified by mail or email by April 1, 2014.
Zinggia reserves the right to not award scholarship if no qualified applicants apply.
Mail everything in an artsy-looking envelope to the address on the application. Emailed applications will not be accepted. If sending a CD, be sure that it is in a protective case.